“When I go into my garden with a spade, and dig a bed, I feel such an exhilaration and health that I discover that I have been defrauding myself all this time in letting others do for me what I should have done with my hands.”
—Ralph Waldo Emerson, from Man the Reformer
Harnessing the garden life cycle at home
Whatever urban gardening needs you may have, we will teach and support you to compost all your food scraps and grow your own food on site.
We offer two options:
Full Installation and Training: $725
- Installation of heavy duty animal-proof composter
- Essential aerator tool for the composter
- Stainless Steel dishwasher safe food scrap pail with carbon filters
- Starter ‘brown’ material (30 gallons of shredded leaves)
- Training and technical support on all aspects of composting your food scraps
- Custom composter installation to fit your home landscape
- Lifetime technical support and warranty on all equipment
*A second composter at the time of installation is $250. We recommend two for families that cook a lot.
If your composter wasn’t installed by us, or if you’re interested in beginning to compost, we will assess your situation and make recommendations about how to proceed. If you decide to go with a full installation, the $150 will be deducted from the full installation fee.
30 gallon bags of shredded leaves: $45
ORNAMENTAL and FRUIT TREE PRUNING
WORM BIN COMPOSTING
Consulting fee/Hourly rate: $50
We will meet to evaluate your gardening/pruning/vermicomposting needs and talk about what you would like to grow. We’ll cover everything: Sun, soil health, plant preferences, watering, pests and animal issues, pruning, trellising and more.
Four season gardening technical support: $300
Whatever questions or concerns you may have we will be available for. Phone, text, photos, email and site visits all included.
Gift certificates available for all above services
“I am committed to keeping my footprint as small as possible, and composting is an important part of that. It’s so satisfying—I barely have any trash to take to the curb!”